Our Client service charter lets you know what you can expect whenever you come into contact with us. This charter is our commitment to provide you with services tailored to your needs.
Who we are
We are the state government statutory authority that helps make renting work for everyone. We provide tenancy information and support, bond management, dispute resolution, investigation, and policy and education services.
Renting that works for everyone.
Our promise to you
To provide you with the best service possible we are committed to:
- listening to you and being fair and impartial when helping you
- providing you with complete, timely and accurate information how and when you want it
- working together and supporting you to resolve your tenancy issues
- valuing and protecting the personal information you give us
- enabling you to provide feedback easily to improve our service
- understanding your needs by undertaking client research and engaging with stakeholders
To focus on providing quality services we are committed to:
- simplifying our processes to deliver efficient and seamless services
- constantly innovating and adapting the way we do business to better meet your needs
- having responsive and flexible systems, people and services
We understand that how we interact with you is important.
We will ensure our staff are helpful and have the knowledge and experience to assist you.
Help us to help you
You can do this by:
ensuring the forms that you lodge have all the information, signatures and documents needed
providing us with all requested information within the specified timeframe
providing your reference number if you know it
keeping us up to date about any changes to your contact details or forwarding address
telling us if you have special requirements, such as needing interpreter assistance
treating our staff with courtesy and respect
We value your opinion
We are proud of our services and our staff, and we continually question how we can do things better. If you have a suggestion on how we can improve or would like to compliment one of our staff, we want to know.
You can contact us in person, in writing or by phone, or you can complete the Client feedback form. For more information visit the Feedback on RTA service page.
The RTA does not provide legal advice. Clients should get their own professional or legal advice about their particular circumstances if necessary.