Ask the RTA

Winter 2017

What documents should I receive when starting a tenancy?

Here is a list of the documents you must receive:

Read these documents carefully and make note of special terms which may include things like the keeping of pets, pool maintenance and water charges.

In the Entry condition report – general tenancies make sure you record any damage or defects in the property which may become an issue when it comes to leaving.

The Entry condition report – general tenancies must be returned, signed and completed to the property manager/owner within 3 days, and the Exit condition report – general tenancies (Form 14a) returned signed at the end of a tenancy.

For more information call the RTA direct on 1300 366 311.

The RTA is the Queensland Government statutory authority that administers the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008. They provide tenancy information, bond management, dispute resolution, investigation, and policy and education services.

Median rents quick finder
Find Median Rent