No written tenancy agreement

If a tenant is renting a house, townhouse, unit, room, houseboat or caravan (for more than 42 days), they must have a tenancy agreement, and if they pay a rental bond it must be lodged with the RTA.

A written agreement is not required if a caravan is rented for less than 42 days.

If a tenant does not have a written agreement, or if it has not been returned to them, they are still protected by Queensland tenancy law and can access the RTA’s services. This means the tenant and property manager/owner have rights and responsibilities under the Act.

Contact us for clarification of your situation.

Was this page helpful?

Please note that we cannot respond to any comments made here. If you need a response, please contact us

Please select a reson