Following the Queensland Government’s extension of temporary COVID-19 arrangements for residential tenancies until 30 April 2021, the RTA has today published a number of updated forms for general tenancy and rooming accommodation.
In these updated forms, the RTA has removed references to the previous 31 December 2020 expiry date in line with the amended Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation (COVID-19 Emergency Response) Regulation 2020.
A list of updated RTA forms is below. Please ensure you download and use these versions.
- Domestic and family violence notice ending tenancy
- Domestic and family violence notice ending residency
- Domestic and family violence report
- Notice of lessor’s intention to sell premises (Form 10)
- Notice to leave (Form 12)
- Notice to leave (Form R12)
- Notice of intention to leave (Form 13)
- Notice of intention to leave (Form R13)
- Notice to vacate from mortgagee to tenants (Form 19) – this change does not relate to COVID-19. Instead, it clarifies when a Form 19 can/can’t be used, as now outlined in the explanatory notes on page two.