Change of bond contributors (Form 6)

Important: The RTA is going paperless and will cease bulk printing of all forms and publications from 1 January 2020.

The Change of bond contributors is used when there is a change of bond ownership in an ongoing tenancy.

It is important the RTA's bond records are accurate so the bond is paid to the correct tenants at the end of the tenancy.

This form must be completed and signed by any:

  • tenants leaving
  • tenants staying
  • new tenants, and
  • the property manager/owner

Please contact the RTA if this is not possible.

If a tenant is leaving the property, they need to get their share of the bond from the tenant moving in or those remaining. The RTA is not responsible for any exchange of money between tenants.

Bond loans

Contact the Department of Housing and Public Works if the bond involves a bond loan.

Lodging the form

  • email: scan completed form and email to (size limit 5MB)
  • post: RTA, GPO Box 390, Brisbane Q 4001
Form 6 – Change of bond contributors
Download (PDF 92KB)
Current version: v1 Jun16
Was this page helpful?

Please note that we cannot respond to any comments made here. If you need a response, please contact us

Please select a reson