Dispute resolution request (Form 16)

Did you know you can request dispute resolution for a tenancy dispute online via RTA Web Services? You can also dispute a bond refund online as part of the Bond Refund Web Service

A Dispute resolution request is sent to the RTA to request help with a tenancy dispute.

The RTA's free dispute resolution service can help people resolve disputes if they are unable to reach agreement by talking through the issues themselves.

Lodging the form

  • scan and email to: bonds@rta.qld.gov.au (file limit <5MB)
  • post to: RTA, GPO Box 390, Brisbane Q 4001

The RTA will confirm the request by email or letter.

An RTA conciliator will then contact the person who made the request to discuss the details of the dispute. In the meantime, it is a good idea to compile any documents relating to the matter.

The service is free and our conciliators are impartial. They can help negotiate a resolution, however they cannot make decisions.

If agreement cannot be reached, an application may be made to QCAT for a decision.

You must sign the form before you lodge it—keep a copy for your records.

Form 16 – Dispute resolution request
Download (PDF 98KB)
Current version: v7 Jun21
Was this page helpful?

Please note that we cannot respond to any comments made here. If you need a response, please contact us

Please select a reson