Tips for moving out

Clean the property thoroughly before you move out or hire a professional cleaning company to do it for you.  

  • Kitchen
    • clean all cupboards (inside and out)
    • wash all countertops and surfaces
    • clean inside and outside of oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, defrost freezer (if supplied)
    • clean cooktop, grill and rangehood
    • clean sink and taps (including descaling)
    • clean windows, window sills/tracks, window and door frames and fly screens
    • sweep/vacuum and wash floors  
  • Bathroom
    • clean sink, toilet and bath (including taps)
    • clean tiles
    • remove any mould from walls/tiles and ceiling
    • wash shower curtain/clean shower doors or enclosure
    • clean all surface areas, shower rails and mirrors
    • sweep and wash all floors
  • Other rooms
    • dust and wash all surfaces
    • dust and wash door and window frames and window sills/tracks
    • clean mirrors
    • dust fans
    • wipe outside of air conditioning units, clean filters
    • clean out any cupboards or wardrobes
    • dust and clean skirting boards
    • vacuum and wash floors
  • Outdoor areas
    • mow grass, weed and trim edges
    • clean out any leaves or debris in the pool (check for any special conditions in the tenancy agreement)
    • sweep external areas
    • empty and wash out bins
    • remove any oil stains on driveway or in garage
    • remove cobwebs
  • General
    • remove all rubbish from property
    • get carpets cleaned and pest control conducted if specified in the agreement

After the property is cleaned

  • move all your possessions from the property
  • complete the Exit condition report (Form 14a) or the Exit condition report (Form 14b) for moveable dwellings/sites, in a systematic way (room by room) and use extra pages if needed.
  • ask for a copy of the Entry condition report (Form1a) or the Entry condition report (Form1b) for moveable dwellings/sites from the property owner/manager if you do not have one. It will be compared to the Exit condition report.
  • provide your forwarding address to the RTA and include it on the Refund of rental bond (Form 4).
Was this page helpful?

Please note that we cannot respond to any comments made here. If you need a response, please contact us

Please select a reson